Sunday, January 22, 2012

Damn blood sugar.

Well, I edited all of my 2012 posts to sort of match with what I changed my blog to look like. I chose the darker look, because it hurts my eyes a lot less when I have to deal with darker colors with white or light gray as a foreground or text. I know it's not the same for everyone...But yeah.


Deep breath. Here goes nothing. Tomorrow starts another go at the SKG, which I'm predicting is going to fall apart this coming weekend - The Global Game Jam is like a second christmas to me. I'm going to do everything I can to resist the food they bring in unless I'm honestly going to faint - which will probably happen. Let's be honest here. Hypoglycemia doesn't mix well with refusing to eat for an entire weekend...I remember what happened at Youmacon.


T'wasn't good, let me tell you. I woke up Sunday in my ex-boyfriend's bed (he felt bad for me trying to curl up on his couch. It's comfy...for sitting. Laying, not so much.), basically unable to move because I was so weak. Despite the eight hours of sleep I'd gotten, I ended up forcing myself to eat cheese and some crackers, and I passed out right away. I hate that my family gave me blood sugar problems. I can deal with the weakness, but the sheer pain I feel when I go more than one day without eating is awful. Even painkillers won't help with it - I've tried everything from tylenol, to apsirin, to vicodin, to tylenol-3 with codeine, and none of it works.


Sigh...I'm sure my system will get used to it. It'll all be worth it when we're on the beach in silver bikinis, and for once I'm the one they're all looking at.


Not you, Vy. Me. For the first time since we met, I'll be the one getting the attention.


Edit: What have I done so far tonight?
100 cheater-pushups (my chest isn't strong enough yet for real ones...hurts like an unnecessary bitch.)
400 crunches
20 leg lunges (10 on each leg...And my god, they can not take that yet. I'm gonna stay at nice low numbers for a while.)
10 minutes of random stretching.


It's time for bed now...I hope I'm sore tomorrow. Last time...I didn't get sore...And I got worried that I didn't do any of it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment